I’m so excited to tell you guys that The Savvier has been nominated for a Liebster Award by Amanda of Delightfully Impatient! Thank you so much, Amanda, this means a lot and I’m so excited to be able to pass this on. Amanda’s blog is full of photos of her adorable children, fabulous style tips, and more. You should definitely check it out.
The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit new up and coming blogs within our community.
Once you are nominated you:
- Thank and give recognition to the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
Now onto the fun part!
11 Random Facts about myself
- I went to boarding school instead of a normal high school and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
- I have one sibling, a brother, and he is thirteen years older than me!
- I love thunderstorms, that’s something I really miss about living in Dallas.
- I broke my left foot when I was young and it’s smaller than my right foot now.
- My favorite place to shop in any store is the children’s section – I can still wear kids shoes and sometimes pants!
- The best pizza in the whole world, in my opinion, is in Huntington, New York. It’s a place called Little Vinny’s and they give you cold, shredded cheese to put on top of your already hot, cheesy pizza. It sounds weird but it’s perfect.
- I’m more comfortable in high heels than I am in flats.
- My favorite color is hot pink.
- My mom told me once that if she could re-name me now she would name me North, so my whole life I grew up thinking about how I was going to name my child that, then Kim K stole it from me.
- I love to look at clothes online but I hate actually shopping online. I need to feel the fabrics and try it on before I can even think about buying it.
- My idol is Diana Vreeland.
My questions from Amanda:
Why did you decide to write your blog?
I started The Savvier as a way to showcase my personal style and to act as a creative outlet. It is something I have always meant to do, so when I finally had the means and some down time, it was a natural progression.
If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
The Seychelles! I’m dying to go there. And Fiji.
What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
I love to take bubble baths or just watch a Bravo marathon to zone out. If I’ve had a really long day at work and need to relax, I like to go to Bloomingdales around 7 or 8pm and just wander the floors when it’s not so crowded. Shopping calms me down.
What is your favorite blog post you have written?
Too hard to say. I actually think my favorite is one that I’m working on now.
How did you choose the name of your blog?
My nickname has always been Savvy, since my name is Savannah. I started playing around with things like “Style Savvy” but that seemed too obvious. After a lot of brainstorming I came up with The Savvier and never looked back.
What advice would you give another new blogger?
Make sure you’re starting when you know you can be consistent. I did not do that and I’m still struggling with my consistency almost two years later! It’s the easiest and best way to increase your following and really connect with your readers.
What do you envision for your blog one year from now?
That’s hard to say. I hope to be a part of rewardStyle and I hope to be consistently posting. I also just mostly hope to have a following that really responds to what I’m writing and gets what I’m saying.
What’s your favorite movie?
I have two: Clueless and The Birdcage
Cat or Dog?
What’s the most delicious food you’ve ever eaten?
Uhhh wow, this is really hard because I’m a huge foodie so I’ve had a ton of delicious things! I think one of my favorites was a cake designed by Will Cotton for my friend’s birthday a few years ago. We were eating it for weeks at her apartment, it was soooo good.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Bravo!! I’m addicted to all the Housewives shows.
Here’s who I have chosen to nominate:
Robin from Life Out Loud
Kate from Boss Lady Jobs
Aimee from Aimee Mars
Meg from My Borrowed Heaven
Questions for the next round:
- What made you start blogging?
- What’s your proudest blog moment so far?
- When you’re feeling sad, what can always cheer you up?
- Barre, spin, or yoga?
- Where’s your dream vacation?
- Where do you see your blog in one year?
- What is your favorite blog to read?
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- If you could have a sit-down with anyone in the blogging world for one hour to chat about anything, who would it be?
- Salty or sweet?