With school starting, I had to take advantage of every opportunity for summer fun in the early days of August. When I was back in Charleston last week, I took an afternoon and made fresh watermelon-jalapeño margaritas to sip in the garden.
To make these margaritas, I created a jalapeño simple syrup.
- I like to use fresh squeezed lime juice when I make margaritas, but if you’re not squeezing your own to taste, use about 1/2 cup.
- Next, place about 10 cups of watermelon in a blender and purée.
- Pour the watermelon juice through a fine strainer, pressing down with the back of a spoon to help get the liquid through.
- Next, in a large pitcher, combine the watermelon juice, lime juice, 3/4 cup white tequila, 1/2 cup Triple Sec, and 1/4 cup of the jalapeño simple syrup.
- Then, put the pitcher in the freezer and enjoy a few hours later!
With my margarita in hand, I headed to the garden to celebrate the final days of summer.
What I’m wearing: Top//Haute Hippie (old) Skirt//BCBG Shoes//Tory Burch (old) Sunglasses//Ralph Lauren Necklace//Vintage